21. januar 2012

Birthday girl

I have a very good friend, who sadly lives to far away, come to visit me this weekend. Her birthday is coming up so I decided to make her a little something. A couple of years ago I saw some really nice art dolls online, but I had forgotten to save the link. So now that I wanted to take a second look to get inspired I was not able to find it. This was before I discovered pinterest so a lot of good inspiration got lost at that time.

But I could not let a little thing as that stop me, so I dived into my fabric scraps, printed her picture directly onto cotton and sewed it all together. I wanted a little bit of a rough feel to the doll, so all the seams are on the outside.

The heart with always in it is symbolic because she is moving even further away next week but no matter where we are she will always be in my heart. I’m quite pleased with the result and luckily so was she when she got it J


Pin It

7 kommentarer:

Rosemary@villabarnes sa...

What a sweet gift. Nice job. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Elle and Lou sa...

That is a wonderfully unique gift. I am sure she will love it!
Lou

Mary Ann Pickett sa...

Super cute and thoughtful!!!

Etcetorize sa...

So cute! I bet your friend it really going to be surprised to recieve this gift. Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize~

April sa...

That is pretty cool! I hope you will link up with me here:
http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2012/01/sweet-saturday-link-party-v23.html

D+B sa...

Cute blog!!! I found you on a link party!! I am your newest follower!!! I would love it if you would check out my blog to and follow me back, that would be great!! I would love to feature your blog sometime!!

-Brooke
For-the-luv-of.blogspot.com

Mindie Hilton sa...

What a sweet gift. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...